Kingmoor Ring


Inspired by an Anglo-Saxon relic featured at the British Museum. 

The 9th century original was found by a young man employed in leveling a fence on Greymoor Hill, in the hamlet of Kingmoor, two and a half miles from Carlisle. It passed into the possession of the Earl of Aberdeen before 1822, and eventually found its way to the British Museum where it became an inspiration for the rings appearing in Tolkien's fiction.